We may also ask you to provide personally identifying information, such as your name and phone number, if you want to post a business directory entry or calendar listing for possible publication on our site. Our editors use that information to verify your identity or to seek additional information on your submission. It is not used for other purposes nor shared with third parties.
Noble and third parties collect information about you that does not identify you personally, such as your IP address and the details of which pages you look at while on our site.
Noble or third party partners may also place a “cookie” in the browser files of a user’s computer. This cookie identifies you as a unique user by means of a tracking ID. If you have not registered on our site, we can’t link that user ID with personal identifying information and data about you such as your name or e-mail address. If you have registered with Noble, the information in your “cookie” is tied to the information you provided when you registered and is used to provide a more personalized experience on our website.
The aggregated information we collect is used for a number of purposes:
(1) To improve the content and design of Noble;
(2) To verify the number and types of users of the site;
(3) To help advertisers, potential advertisers or marketers assess the suitability of the site for their ad campaigns;
(4) As clear GIFs, also known as pixel tags, provided by our ad-serving company to help manage online advertising. These clear GIFs let our ad-serving company recognize a browser’s cookie when a user visits our site. The information we collect and share through this technology is not personally identifiable — it does not include your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address;
(5) We may create and use aggregate customer data to understand more about the interests of our customers and may use the data to offer goods and services we believe may be of interest to our customers, on behalf of Noble, its sister publications or select third-party partners.
Personally identifying information submitted on portions of our site developed with outside third parties, such as Google, may be shared with those third parties, and the information will be governed by those parties’ privacy policies as well as that of Noble. Neither Noble, nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, bears any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Noble users should be aware that when they disclose personally identifying information in public parts of the website, that information is immediately published to the world. Public areas of the site include comments, discussion forums, chat rooms, blogs, directory pages, and the “public contact” areas of submission forms. Neither Noble nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates are responsible for any information that you provide in the above areas.
In the event that the ownership of Noble or any of its products are sold or transferred, all lists and data which contains personally identifying information and data including for example user name, address, company name, telephone number, demographic information, buying information, other data and e-mail address, will be transferred to the new owner.